This collection of Microlearning Units will introduce you to controlled heat and cold as modalities for improving health and aiding performance.
You will learn the physiology of heat and cold stress, and then how to use heat for health improvements, then heat for performance improvements. Using cold for health and performance is a smaller topic but is also covered here. The course ends with 4 case studies implementing these strategies and various learning activities to help you cement your learning.
The time required to complete this Microlearning course is approximately 2.5 hours.
What’s in this Microlearning course?
- Learning resources (Glossary, Reference List, Workbook, Video Transcripts).
- Course Overview (The 5 min video shown above).
- MLU 1: Understanding Thermoregulation (25 min video).
- MLU 2: Heat Exposure for Health (19 min video).
- MLU 3: Heat Exposure for Performance (33 min video).
- MLU 4: Cold Exposure for Health and Performance (14 min video).
- Case Studies and Implementation (22 min video).
- Course Summary (7 min video).
- Consolidation Activities (15 min).
- FAQ’s (30 min video with the questions written out and linked to where they are answered).
- Feedback form.
- Micro-Credential application form.
Got more questions about Microlearning? Check out our FAQ webpage.