This Collection of Microlearning Units (MLU) is delivered by the expert on Low Energy Availability, Dr. Kate Schofield. Katie was my Ph.D. student, and LEA was the focus her thesis.
This course is divided into two parts, a Theory section and then a Case Study section.
Initially, in the theory section, you will learn exactly what Low Energy Availability (LEA) is. From there, you will learn how LEA occurs and, when it does, what effects it has on the body’s systems. In the last section, Katie covers 3 key research articles that have clear, practical implications. This part ends with various learning activities to help you cement your learning.
In the case study section, Katie covers 5 people with LEA from symptoms, to diagnosis, to resolution.
What’s in this Microlearning course?
- Learning resources (Glossary, Reference List, Workbook, Video Transcripts).
- Course Overview (TheX min video shown above).
- MLU 1: What is Low Energy Availability (LEA) (3 min video).
- MLU 2: How LEA Occurs (6 min video).
- MLU 3: Signs and Symptoms of LEA (11 min video).
- MLU 4: The Impact of LEA (8 min video).
- MLU 5: Research on LEA (11 min video).
- Course Summary (7 min video).
- Consolidation Activities (15 min).
- FAQ’s (50 min video with the questions written out and linked to where they are answered).
- Feedback form.
- Micro-Credential application form.
LEA CASE STUDIES
- Introduction and Supplementary Learning Material (Glossary, Workbook, 5 min Video, Video Transcripts).
- Case Study 1: A Busy Teenage Swimmer (15 min video).
- Case Study 2: A Plant-based Endurance Cyclist (11 min video).
- Case Study 3: A Peri-menopausal Recreational Runner (14 min video).
- Case Study 4: A Male Triathlete (9 min video).
- Case Study 5: A CrossFit Athlete and Weightlifter (11 min video).
- Summary for the LEA Case Studies (11 min video).
Got more questions about Microlearning? Check out our FAQ webpage.