My vision is a world of healthy women who understand their bodies, know how to work with their unique physiology, know their periods are ergogenic aids and create positivity around being a woman in sport. Together we can shift the destructive narrative and elevate women in research, science, and sport.
TEDx Talk: Women are Not Small Men
Having completed over 60 Ironmans, I can say with certainty learning how your body reacts to high endurance training and racing never stops. It’s discouraging to prepare for a race and have it derailed, not because you didn't do the work, but because your body didn't respond on that particular day. Dr. Sims will show you how you can take the steps to toe the start line with the best chance of delivering your maximum potential!
Along with Juliet, founders of San Francisco CrossFit, Mobility WOD, and The Ready State.
Dr Sims is a singular voice and an epic intellectual talent in both the health and fitness world. As former professional athletes turned fitness entrepreneurs, we have found that her insights into the unique interworkings of the female athletic body were a total game changer. She has helped athletes everywhere become faster, stronger, and healthier.
Professional mountain bike racer and Olympian.
Dr. Sims helped me recover from hip surgery to win a World Championship bronze medal. Her personalized approach to training, recovery and nutrition can unlock an athlete's potential to achieve next level goals. Now all active women have access to the same groundbreaking information that made a significant impact on my career.
Dr Sims' contributions to the international research environment and the sports nutrition industry has established a new niche in sports nutrition; and established her reputation as the expert in sex differences in training, nutrition, and health. As a direct result, she has been named:
- One of the top 50 visionaries of the running industry (2015) by DMSE Sports.
- One of the top 40 women changing the paradigm of her field (2017) by Outside Magazine.
- One of the top four visionaries in the outdoor sports industry (2017) by Outside Magazine - Genius Issue (No electronic version but here is the proof).
- One of the top four individuals changing the landscape in triathlon nutrition (2017) by Triathlete Magazine
- ROAR was identified as one of the top fitness books of all time (12th equal) on Book Authority, and still 3 years later, identified as the top fitness book for women in 2020 on Very Well Fit.
It's too long to list here (65 and counting) and it changes all the time so check it out at Google Scholar.
Train WITH your physiology.
If you've felt like something is missing in your training or your coaching, understanding the physiology you're working with could be the game-changer you were looking for.JOIN THE MOVEMENT